Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 10: Aero Garden

About 3 days into the growing cycle, all but the Chives had sprouted.  We peered into the pots and could see the mini seed heads split open and in most cases the green leaves forming. There is a strong possibility the Chive seeds have rotted.

As of today, the Basil is popping out of the countainer, a good half inch worth of sweet leaves.  The dome has been removed to prevent the leaves from bending.  Dill has shot up and hit the top of its dome as well, so we set it free.

My mouth is watering thinking about how I can use them in my kitchen in April. Little do they know what is in store for them. 

Sometime soon the manual instructed me to drop in another pellet of fertilizer. I have had to add water, the level dropped about an inch since we started 10 days ago. 

The hum and light make me feel like I am at my grandparents. There always was a fish tank bubbling water and a grow light for the African Violets when we were growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search this blog